Certified Medication Aide Program For Weekends
Saturday 9:30am – 8:30pm
Certified Medication Aide training program at Family Healthcare Training is a 55 Clock Hour course that is designed to meet the Oklahoma State Department of Health-Nurse Aide Registry requirements and prepare students to take the State certification examination. The course covers safe administration of medications to clients and residents, while under the appropriate supervision at Long Term Care facility (nursing home), Assisted Living, and more. Training will include class lectures, clinical hours, skills lab hours, and homework.
All CMA courses are taught by instructors who are Licensed Nurses. Upon completion of the course each student will take the Oklahoma State CMA certification examination. Upon successful completion of that examination the student shall be certified as a Certified Medication Aide (CMA) in the state of Oklahoma.
Upon successful completion of our CMA program, the student will be issued a completion certificate, Verification Form, signed and dated which will be used to take the Oklahoma Certified Medication Aide exam.
CMA Admission Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have received a high school or general equivalency diploma
- Must hold a current Oklahoma nurse aide certification or DDCA (developmentally disabled care) with no abuse notations
- Must have six months experience as a CNA
- Must be physically and mentally capable to safely perform duties
- Valid, current photo identification issued by government entity within the U.S. (i.e. passport, driver’s license, school-issued ID)
- Original proof of Social Security number or Taxpayer Identification number
- Verification of Oklahoma current nurse aid certification in long-term care, home health care, or developmentally disabled care
CMA Class Topics Include
- Communication and Resident Rights
- Preparation and administration of medication
- Observe, report, and document resident’s status
- Safety and Infection Control
- Understanding of measurement systems